Thursday, August 21, 2014

Spiral Notebooks

Buying spiral notebooks has been a compulsion of mine that started when I was in grade school. 

Lately, I buy the color that relates to the chakra I am focusing on.

I love the texture of the cardboard, as I glide my palm over the colored cover. There are two notebooks in my line of sight. A purple one, I have not yet written in and a yellow one that is under a stack of books. 

There are two notebooks in my purse, and one in my research tote. The laptop I'm typing on is propped up by a red one.

Back to school is one of my favorite times of the year. Although I buy various pens and notebooks year round, back to school shopping provides me a plausible excuse, to feed my addiction.


Under the local box mart fluorescent lights, I’m teeming with intentions of filling the blank pages with stories, dialogue and brilliant insights. I grab various bargained priced, one subject, cardboard spiral notebooks - but - once I get home, the blank page fills me with fear. My mind tells me: you have nothing to say, writing is too hard, I’ll sit down and write, after I do this, or that.



No comments :

Post a Comment